31 October 2013

A History of everything, Including You

I recently saw in New Scientist that reading fiction (specifically literary fiction, which involves more complex characters) temporarily increases your ability to empathise with other people.  To celebrate this, and in an attempt to make the world more empathetic, I want to point you towards a fantastic short story by Jenny Hollowell.  The story is called "A Complete History of Everything, Including You", and was first brought to my attention via the Radiolab podcast (which you should also check out if you like well told stories).  I searched around to try and find the story in the hope of printing the text on this blog, but instead I found something better: a recording of the author reading the story.  So please, click below and spend seven minutes of your day immersed in Jenny's world, and see how it affects you.

No comments:

Post a Comment