2 January 2016

The Best Albums of 2015



Hang on, how is it January 2nd already? And for that matter, when did it become 2016?

This year seems to have flown by in a whirlwind of new jobs, new opportunities and commuting, with 2016 set to follow a similar pattern. Last night I woke up in a cold sweat, racking my brains for something I was meant to have done. I finished all of my work before Christmas, didn't I? I bought all of the family presents I'm sure. And then it hit me: I haven't compiled my Best Albums of 2015 list! Now an annual tradition only I care about, it adds an element of much needed routine to the Christmas break, and allows me to reflect on some of the beautiful sounds which infiltrated my ears this year. So without further ado, in reverse order, here we go...

20. Sleaford Mods - Key Markets

19. Alabama Shakes - Sound & Color

18. All We Are - All We Are

17. Destroyer - Poison Season

16. Mikal Cronin - MCIII

15. Joanna Gruesome - Peanut Butter

14. Algiers - Algiers

13. Farao - Till It's All Forgotten

12. Sexwitch - Sexwitch

11. Zun Zun Egui - Shackles' Gift

10. Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit

9. Sleater-Kinney - No Cities to Love

8. Public Service Broadcasting - The Race for Space

7. East India Youth - Culture of Volume

6. Young Rival - Interior Light

5. Panda Bear - Panda Bear Meets the Grim Reaper

4. Ezra Furman - Perpetual Motion People

3. Waxahatchee - Ivy Tripp

2. Ghostpoet - Shedding Skin

1. Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell

No comments:

Post a Comment